Springtime is almost here. And that means…Spring cleaning. Why not take a moment to come up with some stylish and affordable storage solutions.
Don’t Forget to Set your clocks ahead!
Sunday, March 13th, 2016
I may not be an expert, but I’ve seen a lot in the 8 years I’ve worked for Servpro of Newtown & Southern Litchfield County.
Winter is a miserable season. We all know it, even if you like spending a day on the slopes and coming into the lodge for a cup of hot cocoa, or building a snowman with the kids in the yard.
The fun activities of winter are usually overshadowed by enormous amounts of snow, sleet and ice. The past few years has seen hurricanes in October, Blizzards on Halloween, ice dams galore and more snow than I can think about right now. This year is deceptively different…a little El Nino and we have 60 degree weather in February (yes, I wore flip flops). I sit in my office thinking about tips that can help all the readers out!
So here we go…
- Make sure you shovel off your roof after a heavy storm. This will help alleviate the chance for ice dams. Of course, proper attic or gable ventilation is important as well. Remember, heat rises.
- Make sure you are keeping your heat at a decent temp. No lower than 65. The cold from outside will combat the warmth. Last year, the “keep it at 60” mentality failed as we had below zero weeks, which strained the ability of the heating systems to maintain adequate ability to heat homes.
- Be careful heating your houses with alternate methods. Fireplaces and pellet stoves are wonderful alternatives, but can be very dangerous. Make sure your chimney is inspected at least once every 2 years.
- If you do have a water damage, please give us a call. Water damages should be mitigated by professionals in the field. Servpro of Newtown and Servpro of Putnam County are IICRC Certified in Water and Fire remediation.
- Make sure you turn off the water promptly. This will help save you from any additional secondary damages.
- Call your insurance company and notify them of the issue. Most of the time, the damage is a covered loss.
- We understand the disaster that can happen with water or fire damage and we are available to assist you throughout the entire process. Why don’t you give us a call!
We can be reached at 203-743-5362 or 845-228-1090!
Flu season is upon us…as the debate to be vaccinated or not rages on… here are some helpful tips and hints about preventing the spread of germs.
Did you know this is what a flu virus looks like???
And some tips..
Happy Valentine’s Day! We at Servpro of Newtown & SLC and Servpro of Putnam County want to wish everyone a Happy day! Thank you for putting your trust into us.
The U.S Fire Administration put out a wonderful PDF on Fire Safety, especially during the winter months.
Check it out here!