Fire: What To Do Until Help Arrives
A fire can be an emotional and traumatic experience for any property owner. Servpro of Newtown & Southern Litchfield County wants to help restore order and get you back in business fast!
From fire damaged structure to the contents within your home or business, Servpro of Newtown & Southern Litchfield County use the latest technology and training to restore your property and leave it smelling fresh and clean. These following tips will help you take the proper steps after a fire until we can arrive.
- Limit movement in the affected area to prevent soot particles from being embedded into upholstery or carpet.
- Keep hands clean. Soot on hands can further soil carpets, upholstery, walls and woodwork.
- Place dry, colorfast towels or old lines on rugs, upholstery and carpet traffic areas.
- Leave HVAC system off until a trained professional can check the system.
- Attempt to wash any walls or painted surfaces prior to contacting Servpro of Newtown & Southern Litchfield County.
- Attempt to shampoo carpet or upholstery surfaces.
- Attempt to clean any electrical appliances that may have been close to the fire, heat or water without first consulting an authorized repair service.
- Consume any food or beverages that may have been stored near the fire, heat or water. They may be contaminated.
- Turn on ceiling fixtures if the ceiling is wet. Wiring may be wet or damaged and could cause electrical shock or create secondary damage.
Please contact Servpro of Newtown & Southern Litchfield County @ 203-743-5362 for all your fire damage clean up needs.
Article written by Servpro Industries 2012.